Thursday, September 23, 2010

People Are Stupid

Again I was browsing the International news when I stumbled across another article that made me take a second look. Within, the article reported that a recent poll of the American people revealed that nearly 20 percent of them believe that the 44th President, Barrack Obama, is in fact a cactus. Support for the view that the country’s leader is actually a water-retaining desert plant had been steadily growing since he took office. Wait, what?

It’s not that uncommon you know, people hearing something ridiculous and then accepting it as truth. It’s like when people read about soccer officially outing itself as a completely gay sport, or how the Pope is hoping to challenge famous magician David Blaine to a public miracle competition and they tell their friends, who tell their friends, and before long the little fact about the whole thing being satire is lost. And you know why? It’s because people are stupid.

Don’t get me wrong, everyone is able to pull off that one little piece of evidence to try and prove that they are, in fact, mildly intelligent, but the proof is always there. Whether it be a ditzy little comment to a friend of a friend, who now knows that you are a moron, or whether, as mentioned above, they believe something that they read on the internet or hear on television. The proof is always there.

I say this as the exception to the rule. See, little known fact about me, I am perfect in everything I do, down to the smallest detail. I am the lone shining star in this vast space of idiocy, the single greatest person to ever walk the Earth. The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. But don’t think I’m unapproachable, I am human, just like you. Well...like you, but better.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment