Friday, September 17, 2010

Extracts from Moira's diary

02.07.2048
evening

YESSS I’M FINALLY OUT! I knew I’d eventually find a way out, no way are they keeping me in there. Last time they got me my feet hurt so bad, I just wanted to steal a chopper from the kitchen and hack them both off. I can’t believe I failed the last time, it was such a foolproof plan. How was I supposed to know those angels were gay? Nobody believed me when I told them, not even Offred, I bet she didn’t even put it in that stupid little book of hers where she reminds herself of every boring detail of her sad life.



02.07.2048
night

Getting out of there was pretty fun actually, rather exhilarating in fact, now I come to think about it. If I could do it again I’d probably have made that Aunt bleed a little with that little toilet bar I stole, make her a little more flustered so she would have been a bit quieter. Those guards are so blind, they didn’t even look at my face. Anybody wearing green could have just walked out of that place, wish I had got out of there earlier. Wonder what I’m going to do now. Its so hard trying to sleep in this skip, the smells are just so strong, such a bad combination of every bad smell I can possibly think of. Think I’ll just hide out in here until dawn when I’ll know what I’m going to do.



03.07.2048
evening

Man, can’t believe I got caught again! Overslept in that skip (if that’s even possible) and when I woke up I was in some old rich guy’s office. Gave me a choice between the colonies or working at some club, so of course I chose the latter offer. I think its called jazzy bells or some other lame name. Only catch is they’re going to sterilize me or something, which is apparently painful, which is what I don’t understand. How is cleaning me going to be painful? Are they going to chuck a kettle of scalding hot water on me or something because they found me in a skip? When I asked him that he just laughed and said I’ll find out tomorrow. Kind of scared, but the other girls don’t really look at all scarred. Hopefully I haven’t got the meaning of the word mixed up with something else. It feels like its been more than ten years since I’ve read anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment